Scrapbook Sketch- Glam

Sketch after the jump.
My youngest has taken to getting into my makeup. Her excuse is always that she's playing house and she's the Mommy, and she needs to be beautiful like Mommy. First, this kid knows how to work it, so I have to respect that. Second, I try to save the fights for the important stuff, so I let her be "beautiful".


Don't get me wrong, I look at these pictures and think that maybe I'm letting her be a little too Toddlers and Tiaras, but then I look at the pink hair (hairspray), and the Sharpie tattoos, which she also makes me do, and I think that maybe she she is more LA Ink.  I'm not sure if that is better or more disturbing. So I stop thinking about it, and look at her cute little smile.

I wanted to make a layout that reflected her idea of glamour, being three, she has a different take, which of course is gaudy, and I love that. So this layout came to be.

Hope you like the sketch.

~Venetia

0 comments:

Post a Comment