Happy-Scrapbook Sketch

Keep reading! The layout sketch is after the jump.
 I don't usually work with all my papers from one collection. I like to mix and match from my stash. This layout is unusual in that I only used Teresa Collins Vintage Finds. I love her designs because they are graphic and clean. For a long time, she used a lot of Pink, Black and White, which was also a big plus for me.


Here is the thing for me about Teresa Collins. I had the wonderful opportunity to take a class and meet her at the 2011 ScrapbookSteals.com retreat. She was the most kind, gracious person. During her class, she told us her story. As she spoke, the room sat silent, and in tears. I'm not sharing her words, because they aren't mine to tell, but she was raw, open and honest with us about why scrapbooking is so important to her, and how she became who she is today. Meeting her really cemented my love for her collections, because I like knowing that someone I like is benefiting from my purchase.

As for the layout, my youngest is always such a happy child. Even when she is terribly sick, if I ask her how she is feeling her answer will be happy. That, in turn, makes me happy. I hope she continues to hold on to her joy.

So, for you, here is the sketch. Have fun. Let me know if you use it!

~Venetia

0 comments:

Post a Comment