Sketchbook share

I love contour drawing, it is a comfortable place for me.  I have managed to spend far less time with shading. Portraiture is especially not a comfort area for me.  I  intentionally spend sketch time to explore the human face, and to explore the use of shading and tone to express the essence of a person.  This sketch is of the squishy face my youngest gives me.  The sketch is imperfect, but it definitely is catching the moment. 
That is the thing about sketchbooks, taking time to play with techniques and ideas in a manner that is not intended to become a final project gives a freedom. I do this often with layout ideas, colors, drawings, and other media techniques.
 
I hope you like seeing the process part of some of my creative journey.  Please share your ideas too in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment