One Little Word: Vivid



It is time again to reflect. The new year always seems fresh event though the day changes the same as any other dawn. "One Little Word" is a project designed by Ali Edwards. I like the idea of choosing a word to filter the year that lies ahead and have chosen several over the last few years. Two years ago, it was Joy. That year, I lost my father and grandfathers. That lead to Art, which I selected to help me navigate the changing world I felt overcome by.

This year, I select Vivid.

Why vivid?

I wanted a word that took me outside of myself. A word that embraced the person I am and want to be. I recently read Fierce Conversations and one of the take-aways I got from the book was that to be happy, the life you want and the life you live, the action you take must be in agreement. If it isn't unhappiness follows.


Vivid: 1. strikingly bright or intense, as color, light, etc.:
a vivid green.
2. full of life; lively; animated:
a vivid personality.
3. presenting the appearance, freshness, spirit, etc., of life; realistic:
a vivid account.
4. strong, distinct, or clearly perceptible:
a vivid recollection.
5. forming distinct and striking mental images:
a vivid imagination.

Synonyms
1. bright, brilliant, intense. 2. spirited, vivacious, intense.
 
The word comes from Latin roots, vie meaning to live.
 
What better word? Strong, real, bright, striking all things I want my year to be. I am going to live a vivid year and be the person I am keeping myself from. I plan to embrace the year, and grab moments that are spontaneous and real. I want to strive for more, for me.
 
 I created a canvas to celebrate my word. I think I captured the spirit well. I used a mix of acrylic paints, both fluid and regular. To make the star, I used foil, chipboard, spray paint and ink.
 
As always, SWAT wants you to play along, choose your own resolution or word, link up and earn a chance at a great prize!
 
Be vivid
~Venetia

0 comments:

Post a Comment