SWAT Drill 27- Mixed Media

It's time for another SWAT challenge! This time, get mixed up in mixed media. Whether it is your first go or you are a seasoned pro, we want to see your creations! As always, if you share with us,  you're entered into the drawing for our monthly prize!

For my go, I created a canvas. I started with decoupage, using Collage Pauge to adhere some My Minds Eye and Authentique paper to create a base. I used Golden Acrylic fluid paints to create a color wash with Golden Fluid Medium. I chose to work with a basic printers pallet of Magenta, true Yellow, and Cyan.  I like this combination because it mixes into vibrant, clear colors. 

I hand designed the lettering, and added it onto the washed base. After, I used plastic wrap to add layers of acrylic over the elements. I added the circle using a Derwent Inkentense Pencil in Charcoal. Gesso was added with a Tim Holtz stamp. Then, I used a sequin mask to create depth. Finally, I added the hand cut heart and added the Charcoal outline. 
 
To link up your work, go to SWAT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment