SWAT Challenge: Stamp, Stitch, Spray/Splatter.

SWAT has its new challenge up, The 3 big S's! This time, the challenge is to create a project with Stamping, Stitching,  and Spray/Splatter.

I'm not usually a huge stamper, but I used this challenge to push the boundaries of how I would use stamps on a layout to create interest and dimension. 

I started with a Sassafrass Lass paper as a background, and used some Powder Puff inks to stamp on the circle images. Then, I used a gelato to add some blue and green to the background to add depth. I sprayed the gelato with an alcohol/water mix to soften the lines, and walked away for a while. For me, the challenge of working with spray and water-based media is not overworking the project wet. I have found that messing with things too much creates a muddy mess.

After that dried, I added a mist to get some splatter, and used the stamp with some acrylic paint to create depth in the pattern.

I trimmed the paper, and mounted it on a MME Kaleidoscope paper (Circa 2005- use that stash!!), and began building my layout.


 

I hope you play with us at SWAT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment